Price of this Safari:
What to expect:
This tour is for people with an adventurous spirit, who prefer more privacy and who are fine with basic facilities.
This is quite a unique way of exploring the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, both by vehicle and on foot. I am adding the Xerry Wilderness Trail for a truly holistic nature bases experience.
The campsites are not fenced and predators entering the camping area is common. The chances are good to hear predators call at night. This is a special way of exploring this very special place, the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Approximate predator numbers: Lions – 450, Leopards – 150, Cheetah – 200, Spotted hyenas – 370. Bird species are 264, of which 20 raptor species are present. Antelope such as Gemsbok, Hartebeest, Springbok and Wildebeest are well represented.
6 Days & 5 Nights.
Start and Finish:
This safari starts and finish in Upinton. Pick up from the International Airport or your accommodation establishment. Drop-off at the airport or your accommodation establishment.
South Africa & Botswana. (The Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park includes South Africa, Namibia & Botswana).
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
- Northern Cape.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
This is a Mobile Safari combined with the Xerry Wilderness Trail.
- Guided game drives in the Kgalagadi National Park in our custombuild safari vehicle.
- Xerry Wilderness Trail: Game walks in morning and afternoon, overnight at a primitive basecamp.
Day 1 & 5: Rooiputs Campsite or similar: Camping in 2 man dome tents. Mattress and pillow provided. (Basic Facilities; A-frame, pit toilet & open-air shower).
Xerry Wilderness Trail: On the Xerry Wilderness Trail you will sleep at a basecamp with basic facilities each night. Everything else will be carried in your packpack.
Minimum of 4 clients and a maximum of 8 clients.
Custom-built Safari Vehicle.
- Pick up from airport or your accommodation.
- Transfer to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
- Visit the Norokei Salt Pans (natural salt mine).
- Visit the Khomani San Bushmen.
- All game drives in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
- 3-Hour Open Vehicle night drive from Rooiputs.
- All-inclusive Xerry Wilderness Trail.
- Transfer back to Upington.
- Drop-off at the International Airport or your accommodation establishment.
- Accommodation as per itinerary.
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Included activities as per itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary.
- Bottled mineral water.
- Flights & Visas.
- Items of personal nature.
- Drinks and snacks.
- Conservation Fees for days spent in the Kgalagadi National Park.
- Tips & Gratuities.